Stay up to date on all PCALI news and events. Updates about our activities and our members who are making news will be provided each quarter. It's your source for local plumbing trade industry news.
2011 will be another busy year for PCALI. We are working to bring our members together to establish common objectives, build Islandwide awareness of the experienced plumbing and heating contractors we have amoungst our Association membership and identify initiatives that will improve the working conditions for our members and their employees.
2011 PCALI Initatives
- Marketing and PR: Fully functioning website with information for members and a public relations vehicle to be used by members, including a quarterly newsletter.
- Community Outreach & Member Networking Event: Winter Holiday Party: Held every year in December. This party is a night to say thank you to our members for their work on the charity golf outing as well as to recognize the charity for their work.
- Training and Continuing Education: Continue our relationship with Pro Safety(a safety training group) to offer assistance with updating company safety manuals and training sessions for office personnel. Develop, in conjunction with PLU 200 Apprenticeship Training School, a program to identify required safety certifications for workers and offer certification courses to ensure we have the most qualified employees.
- Legislative Agenda:
- Protect the Wicks Law from any and all attempts to dismantle or weaken this important cost-savings and safety state law.
- Work with local municipalities including local Plumbers Examining Boards to ensure enforcement of licensing provisions in their areas.
- Identify areas of work such as process piping and backflow prevention device installation that require the experience and expertise of a master plumber and work wihtin the appropriate level of government to guarantee that this work is performed by a master plumber to protect the public's health and safety.
- Community Outreach: Annual Charity Golf Outing which is held each year on third Monday in September at Southward Ho, Bay Shore, NY. Monies raised go to a designated charity. This year's recipient is AMT Children of Hope Foundation (www.amtchildrenofhope.com).
- Educational Seminars: Offer educational seminar highlighting topics of interest for members
including job estimating, local bidding, updated code requirements and standard business
procedures. We have scheduled the next seminar for Friday December 2, 2011 at Southward Ho Country Club, Bay Shore, New York. An agenda is being developed around Damian Cassin of Progressive Construction Management.
- Member Networking Events & Organizational Meetings: Monthly dinner meetings designed to give members an opportunity to exchange ideas, talk about issues in the plumbing and heating industry and develop an action agenda to improve working conditions and job opportunities on Long Island.